Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Adam Lambert Trespassing Your Soul....


Following the 2-year success of worldwide star Adam Lambert and his Glam Nation Tour, Adam belted out his new single, Better Than I Know Myself to audiences worldwide, which fans young and old eagerly awaited, and began purchasing and downloading on December 20, 2011 on iTunes, Amazon, and other platforms. It was produced by Dr. Luke and co-written by Claude Kelly, who are top-league faces in the industry. Some critics referred to his new single as more mainstream and radio-friendly than his hit singles on his prior album, which included Whataya Want From Me, If I Had You, and For Your Entertainment. His new single consists of a more subdued dance vibe than the 2009 For Your Entertainment album, with less Glam pop, and a greater concentration on his rare and captivating feature alongside every decibel of emotion - Adam's extensive vocal range and his higher register!

Fans may have gotten a sneak peak of his newer sound, but will have to not get too carried away, since his second album, TRESPASSING will be released on March 20, 2012. Until then, fans can only speculate. Better Than I Know Myself is a showcase of his soulful self which translates into his voice and delivery of phrases. In a public statement, Adam Lambert foreshadowed his new album, explaining it as "an exciting journey through the past two years of my life. It's been a transformative period, and I really wanted to make music from what I've experienced. All these songs honestly explore the ups and downs of my reality." Adam is the Executive Producer and co-wrote many songs. Besides Dr. Luke, and Claude Kelly, the album will also have a literal touch of inspiration from award-winning industry members such as BC Jean, Bonnie McKee, Nikka Costa, Nile Rogers, Benny Blanco, Pharrell Williams, Sam Sparro, and Bruno Mars.

In just more than a few years, the public has witnessed the uniquely extensive progression of Adam Lambert. We recall Adam Lambert's charismatic American Idol season 8 audition and star-studded performances, the release of his For Your Entertainment album which achieved over 1 million sales, and his Grammy nomination for "Best Male Pop Vocal Performance" for Whataya Want From Me. It is also remarkable how only a year after his spotlight on American Idol, he rocked the world on his Glam Nation Tour with over 100 performances in countries including the US, Canada, Asia, Australia, and Europe. In November 2011, he led a memorable performance at the MTV European Music Awards with Queen, who was the recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award. Audiences saw him as a front-runner to the famed group, but yet Adam was humble enough that he arranged for Queen to have the only introduction. Before the curtain went down, audiences walked away with visions and sounds of a rock solid soloist and rock group. Undoubtedly, Adam Lambert is a man of firsts, so the public will continue to hold Adam Lambert listening parties, birthday parties, Glamfests, purchase albums and digital downloads, and brainstorm on forums, as they stay tuned to his March 20th release. Better Than I Know Myself is a cliffhanger for the next chapter.

14 comments:

  1. Adam Lambert has been Trespassing on my soul since early 2009. I've seen him grow from an amazing performer on AI8 to a truly worldwide phenomenon right now. And I have been ecstatic to have been along for the journey. While you describe the new single, you don't opine on it (but I feel a positive vibe there), but your review of his career since AI8 is spot on. Recent recognition with Queen, by not showcasing himself, shows what a class act he is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent article! You capture and articulate what so many of us feel about Adam Lambert and his music. Adam is an amazing artist who's talent is beyond compare. His voice expresses so many feelings and emotions in his awesome new single, Better Than I Know Myself. Like this single, Trespassing will be worth the wait, although it will be difficult to remain patient until March 20, 2012! I am also looking forward to the BTIKM video that Adam said he will be working on in January. There is no other artist like Adam Lambert! Thank you for this write-up and acknowledging and spotlighting this amazing man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam Lambert is able to do almost any kind of music as you can see from his performance on Idol, his previous album and his performance with Queen recently at the EMAs. For me though, it is the purity of his vocals that just touch my heart and soul. Doesn't seem to matter to me what genre he works in, it all just sinks in and makes me want to bath in the sound. Few vocal artist can do this for me and I hope the world keeps opening its eyes to this amazing artist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful article!! I love it. Mr Adam is Lambert is back and here to stay. The single is a beautiful melody with powerful lyrics and amazing vocals.The new album will be a gem to treasure forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this amazing article. I just joined on the request of my friend Kim who lives on Ohio. She really recommended you to me. I LOVE your site!!!
    Adam is an AWESOME singer, entertainer, person--whatever you can imagine--he is UNBELIEVABLE. I LOVE this man dearly. I am looking forward to his new album--have LOVED EVERy song that I have heard him sing. His vocals are out of this world--hearing him sing with Queen made me cry he was THAT AMAZING!!!
    Robin
    (skipdo2010 on twitter)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The subdued bridge is my favorite part of Better Than I Know Myself. Adam touches my heart with his voice, which I find addictive. The bridge often gives me chills because of the emotion in Adam's voice.

    I can listen to the song for hours and not tire of it. The first day hearing it, the song just got better and better. It sounds best with ear buds. I can hear layers of Adam in my head during the choruses, especially the last two. It's thrilling! Here are the lyrics to the bridge:

    I get kind of dark
    Let it go too far
    "I can be obnoxious at times
    But try and see my heart
    Cause I need you need now
    So don't let me down
    You're the only thing in this world I would die without"

    When I heard the demo, I knew they'd have to write a bridge. I expected it to be soaring, but instead it's soft, quiet, very touching. Claude tweeted that he wrote it with Adam in mind, and he succeeded beyond his dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ADAM MESMERIZED ME FROM THE MOMENT I SAW HIM ON "AI". WHEN I SAW HIM IN CONCERT, I FELT HIS AMAZING AURA, AND WAS ENCHANTED BY HIS BEAUTIFUL VOICE, HIS PRESENCE, AND HIS BEAUTY. ADAM IS A GIFT FROM ABOVE !! JANIE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Couldn't resist a peek before going to bed, and so glad I did. I've loved Adam from the moment he appeared at the AI auditions and I had him down as the winner from that moment - he didn't win that one BUT he's winning lots more now, and deservedly so. I have Trespassing on order - heaven help the postman when he tries to deliver this (I'll be chasing him down the street!)No NOT anonymous but DENISE a very proud fan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this article! Great read for any Adam fan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cant wait to Trespass Adam's life and i Cant wait for March to come!! Adam is a Winner...No matter what the world say!! he is my Hero and the Winner of my Heart!! Thank you for this Awesome Article!! with Love from Venezuela country.-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi my name is @bekkynet and Adam Lambert is one of my passions, I think his new single is going to be a Hit!!. Waiting anxioustly for Trespassing!! Loves from Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adam beholds both Awesome Raw & Unique Talent. He can sing the phonebook as Randy Jackson once said & what an incredible lead for Queen on the EMA's! It is no Surprise that once one hears the onterage to such incredible series of Acapella emotions belted out-they have no idea of what is to be expected-as we know Adam to be full of Surprises-Brilliantly able to sing the same song-making it knew each time uniquely it's own-A Great Prince trick for decades! Go Adam! Im entranced to see what BTIKM entails as we Tresspass into Your Domain! Bring-it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's been three years since I fell in love at first sight with Adam Lambert. He cheers me up every single day. your blog is beautiful. Keep them coming !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just want to say were true fans of Adam...and we six Asian crazies will be screaming tonight at fantasy springs...we will have two of his oldest fans,
    Ages 84 and 97! If Adam wants to give two old ladies a thrill, we will
    Be in section NN C-4-9. Yay see u there!

    ReplyDelete